Excluding Dynamically Linked Libraries

From: Chuck Wolber
Subject: Excluding Dynamically Linked Libraries
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:23:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've spent days on this problem, tried nearly everything that I know, and
some things that I don't ;) I've also posted about this problem on the rpm
mailing list, with no results so far. If there is a better place to post
this, I would sincerely appreciate some direction.

I am trying to strip out libbz2 and libselinux from the rpm source package
for use in an embedded system. Tackling libbz2 first, I've thoroughly
patched the source package and all build scripts (including the build
scripts after ./configure is executed) to remove any and all references to
bzip2, bz, libbz, etc. Yet, when I build it, the resulting binary still
requires libbz2 at runtime.

I've also built the source without libbz2 in place (I also ran ldconfig
after I removed it). Comparing the build outputs, there is quite literally
*NO* difference whether it is built with or without libbz2 in place
(md5sums confirm this), yet the rpm binary requires libbz2 in both cases.

Somewhere, someplace the rpm source code (which uses autotools) is
building in libbz2. I cannot find it. I need help.

Thank you,

..Chuck..

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR