Re: configure problems with the C for AIX compiler and AIXV5.x

From: Stewart Dean
Subject: Re: configure problems with the C for AIX compiler and AIXV5.x
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:14:16 -0500

I regret that I can't be more specific. My days of C coding are in the past, and I only blow the dust off what I remember when I have to try to compile Open Source code. Currently, I have been working to build Dovecot, an IMAP server application, which I believe was set up with autoconf 2.59. Some of the issues are presented in the attached message which I sent to IBM in the hopes that they might take an interest from that end. Basically, it was my hope that tests that are run during the invocation of configure and the data in config.in would be updated to remove obsolete references (for instance, xlC), update header location of IBM's idiosyncracies and include the functionality and standards conformance offered IBM C for AIX compilers, including its different forms, c89, c99, xlc and other.
Please read the attached message, then ask me any more questions.  Thanks!

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Hi Stewart,