nested packages

From: Bob Rossi
Subject: nested packages
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:42:51 -0400

Hi,

I have 2 projects, CGDB and libgdbmi. CGDB depends on libgdbmi. I would
like to make libgdbmi an autoconf package so that other people can
benefit from it.

Is there a nice way to have CGDB's package use libgdbmi's package as if
it were all 1 package? I would like to avoid having to run ./configure
twice for the installation of CGDB.

I would like to include them both in the same CVS repository and make
separate releases of the packages.

Any advice? I could be persuaded to do things differently.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi