dynamic linker (Win32)

From: fschricker
Subject: dynamic linker (Win32)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:00:51 +0200

Hello list,

I recently stumbled some weird behaviour I'd like to report.

Our projects here use libtool/g++ to build DLLs which works fine (now); but
when configuring I get

[...]
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe
[...]
checking dynamic linker characteristics... ./configure: -print-search-dirs:
command not found
./configure: -print-search-dirs: command not found
Win32 ld.exe
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of g++... (cached) gcc3
./configure: yes=yes: command not found
[...]

So the test is re-run butit seems to fail with the error above. And the last
line of the snippet above seems to be quite strange, too.
Is this something bad? ;-)
configure continues to run, though, so it seems to work somehow...

Versions:
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
automake (GNU automake) 1.7.1
running on MinGW/MSys