SunOS 4 support?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: SunOS 4 support?
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:24:31 -0700

Debian bug #157805, from 2002, relates to SunOS 4 support:

Here is the problem that it states:

    The /bin/sh that comes with SunOS 4.1.4, when it processes a "." command,
    parses the whole file before doing anything else, and when it does that it
    creates a separate file in /tmp for each here-document.  Any reasonably
    complicated configure script will contain over 128 here-documents, so
    /bin/sh runs out of file descriptors.  As a result, you get the above
    errors, and the running of the configure script gets all messed up.

I see that there is some mention of SunOS 4 in the Autoconf
documentation, but I'm not sure that it's really supported
anymore.  Is it worth my keeping this bug around anymore, or
should I close it as "SunOS 4 no longer supported"?

(Strangely, the report is marked as forwarded to
address@hidden, but I can't find the forwarded version in any
autoconf mailing list archive, so there must have been a hiccup
somewhere in the email chain.)
--
"A computer is a state machine.
 Threads are for people who cant [sic] program state machines."