Re: AC_CHECK_SIZEOF failing on undefined HAVE_STDINT_H with -Werror

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: AC_CHECK_SIZEOF failing on undefined HAVE_STDINT_H with -Werror
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:53:53 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 02:42:49PM +0100, Keith MARSHALL wrote:
> `#if HAVE_NONSUCH_H' would be testing the *value*
> of a symbol which isn't defined, so is invalid.
> [... It] is a bug wrt current practice
> in `config.h', of not defining symbols for missing headers.

I would say it is a bug wrt the the recently introduced practice
of switching -Wundef on.

If preprocessor evaluates an expression, any identifier which is not
a macro, evaluates to 0.  This is a well defined behaviour which has
been used for years.

But I agree with you that in the current situation #ifdef seems to be
better.

Stepan