Re: Variadic macro support

From: nash
Subject: Re: Variadic macro support
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:48:59 -0400

We're on XLC version 6 on our AIX and z/OS machine and I had
previously been getting this kind of thing from both:

"c99test.c", line 2.16: 1506-211 (S) Parameter list must be empty, or
consist of one or more identifiers separated by commas.

It looks like it was my problem, though, as the latest versions of
everything seem to be much happier with the variadic macros.

Thanks for your help.

-nash

On 8/24/06, Albert Chin <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 10:50:06AM -0400, nash wrote:
> Does anyone happen to have a check to determine if variadic macros
> with no named args are supported in C99 mode? The following works fine
> under gcc, but flames out with a nasty-gram under AIX's c99 compiler:
>
>  #define my_debug_macro(...) some_debug_function(__FILE__, __LINE__,
> __VA_ARGS__)

What nasty-gram are you getting. Seems to work fine with v7.0.0.6 of
the compiler.

--
albert chin (address@hidden)