Re: How to specify linker

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: How to specify linker
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 15:20:43 +0100

Hello,

* shamju joseph wrote on Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 03:14:07PM CET:
>    We can specify cross-compiler by setting the variable CC. How can
>    we specify other cross tools like linker, assembler, ldd, strip etc
>    to configure script?
> Where should we specify CC, before configure or after configure?
> (I mean CC=crosscompiler ./configure     OR  ./configure CC=crosscompiler)

This may help:
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Cross_002dCompilation

Anyway the whole chapter 2 of the Automake 1.10 manual gives a nice
introduction to the GNU Build System (it includes an intro to concepts
used in both Autoconf and Automake).  This chapter was not present in
earlier releases of Automake.