Re: Error while running autogen

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Error while running autogen
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 17:35:38 +0100

* shamju joseph wrote on Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 11:26:30AM CET:
> I've some problem running autogen and is listed below.
> Can someone tell the reason?
>
> system : i686-pc-linux-gnu
> aclocal : 1.9
> automake : 1.9
> autoheader : 2.59
> autoconf : 2.59
> libtoolize : 1.5

> address@hidden agg-2.4]$ ./autogen.sh
> aclocal:configure.in:15: warning: macro
> `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
> configure.in:15: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.

Are Automake and Libtool installed below the same prefix on your system?
If yes, then please run
  libtoolize --force

once before running
  ./autogen.sh

If that does not help, then change the aclocal invocation in this
script to
  aclocal -I /path/to/directory/where/the/libtool/macros/live

and adjust the path to the directory that contains libtool.m4 and
ltdl.m4 matching the libtoolize program that is found in $PATH.

Hope that helps.