Re: target triplet

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: target triplet
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 23:22:40 +0100

Hello Bob,

* Bob Rossi wrote on Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 11:15:23PM CET:

> I would like to get access to the target triplet fields. The cpu, os
> and vendor strings. Does autoconf provide these separatly?

Here you go:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/html_node/Canonicalizing.html>

> If not, what's the correct way to parse it? Would it be,
> cpu-os-vendor, where os could contain a - but cpu and vendor may not?

Correct.

But if you're out to use them as deciding data in configure tests, be
reminded that leaving behind feature-based tests is the path that leads
to the Dark Side.  The maintenance costs may haunt you in the long run.