What about ax_boost_base.m4?

From: Paul Elliott
Subject: What about ax_boost_base.m4?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:49:37 -0500

I am using autoconf and automake and also the boost libraries.

In the past I have had problems, because different distros
had different versions of boost, installed in different places,
sometimes with sightly different .so names.

I have found on the web something called ax_boost_base.m4
in the Autoconf Macro Archive. Is this in some sense part of
autoconf/automake or is it an unofficial addon?

Will it find out where the boost include/lib files are and
figure out the version for me?

What is the best way to use boost with the auto* tools?

Thank You.

--
Paul Elliott                       1(512)837-1096
address@hidden                    PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J