Re: beginner problem: ./configure can't find my headers in Solaris

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: beginner problem: ./configure can't find my headers in Solaris
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:51:51 +0200

* Benoit SIGOURE wrote on Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 08:43:52PM CEST:
> On Jul 16, 2007, at 2:45 PM, Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:
> >
> >checking langs.h usability... no
> >checking langs.h presence... no
> >checking for langs.h... no
> >configure: error: libbabel headers not found
> >
> >-bash-3.00$ ls /usr/local/include/
> >lang_en.h  lang_fr.h  lang_pt.h  langs.h
[...]
> The usual way to deal with this is to add a --with-libfoo=PATH option
> to your configure script that users will use to tell where libfoo has
> been installed.

I'd say the usual way to deal with this as a user of the configure
script is to use
  ./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include

to find the headers; similarly, add LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib to find
corresponding libraries.  If the configure script provides for a
--with-libfoo switch, then that is typically more convenient.