Re: AC_SEARCH_LIBS for GSL fails with -lgslcblas

From: Benoit SIGOURE
Subject: Re: AC_SEARCH_LIBS for GSL fails with -lgslcblas
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:54:04 +0200

On Aug 22, 2007, at 11:03 AM, Brian Gough wrote:

At Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:54:33 +0200,
Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
It would be prudent and good style if GSL offered to its users a macro
or a couple, say gsl_CHECK_GSL that would check for presence of the
library (and needed libs) and headers.  Maybe even add a switch
--with-gsl[=PREFIX] or so. And the best thing is: such a thing already exists: on my Debian system it's at /usr/share/aclocal/gsl.m4 and part
of the package libgsl0, the macro is named AM_PATH_GSL (too bad it
invades Automake name space...).

Can you tell me what the recommeded form for the name should be?  I
will change it. Thanks.

It shouldn't match _?A[SCHUMT]_.* or _?LT_.*

AFAIK:
AS_* = m4sh/m4sugar
AC_* = autoconf
AH_* = autoheader
AU_* = autoupdate
AM_* = automake
AT_* = autotest
LT_* = libtool

When beginning with an `_' they are used for internal names.

Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory