Re: AS_CASE vs case/esac

From: NightStrike
Subject: Re: AS_CASE vs case/esac
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:29:41 -0400

On 3/13/08, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> * NightStrike wrote on Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:52:31PM CET:

> > > Where do they do that?  autoscan and autoupdate mostly predate these
> > > AS_CASE/IF features.
> >
> > For instance, when replacing a cygwin test with:
> >
> > case $host_os in
> >   *cygwin* ) CYGWIN=yes
> >   * ) CYGWIN=no;;
> > esac
> >
> > instead of an AC_CASE equivalent.
>
> Oh, ok.
>
> > Autoscan in particular also always
> > wants to put in a bug pile of macros listed in the manual as obsolete.
>
> Please let this be productive and name them, so that can be fixed.
> Thanks.

Wouldn't it be easier to write a script that compares the list of
obsolete macros in the autoconf manual with the macros that autoscan
handles?  That's all I'd be doing by hand.  I can show you what it
dumps out for me, but I doubt it'll be a complete list.  Here it is,
anyway.. enjoy:

AC_C_CONST
AC_C_VOLATILE
AC_HEADER_TIME
AC_STRUCT_TM
AC_FUNC_STAT
AC_FUNC_VPRINTF

Also, the macro AC_TYPE_SIGNAL comes up in the library checking
section, not the type checking section.

That's all there is in the mingw-w64 project.