Re: how to tell autoconf/automake where fortran .mod file lives

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: how to tell autoconf/automake where fortran .mod file lives
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 19:24:16 +0100

* Tim Dennis wrote on Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 07:17:46PM CET:

> Thanks Ralf. This may be just what the doctor ordered. Keith has also
> sent some helpful info, but I'm still running into trouble.

Well to be honest, I don't think autotools have seen much use in Fortran
90+ code, and module handling is probably still going to be a bit rough.
We may be able to help more easily if you provide examples for the stuff
that doesn't work.

At one point I planned to add module dependency tracking and more
generally, decent module handling, into Automake.  Alas, I never
found the time to do this; but if somebody else has the motivation
and some knowledge about Fortran compilers to do this, that'd be great.

I guess if those macros from the archive prove generally useful,
some of them could be pulled into Autoconf proper, too.