Re: Help building a MSVC project

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Help building a MSVC project
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 18:35:00 +0100

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 05:53:48PM +0200, Bernd Jendrissek wrote:
> Ideally that would be just "autoreconf -i" in all autoconfiscated projects.

well, why "-i".   Shouldn't it _ideally_ be just "autoreconf"?

> [...] extending autoreconf - perhaps by providing
> ${pkgdatadir}/autoreconf.d/ into which other packages can drop files
> that get run whenever one invokes autoreconf?

Well, such an extensible framework might work.

But IMHO, the best comfort/complexity ratio of all such meta-autoconf
tools provides Good Old Shell.  IOW a few lines of shell in a
customized ./bootstrap is worth a thisand of intelligent perl
bootstrappers.
(But, of course, I'm not speaking on behalf of the whole Autoconf team.)

Have a nice day,
        Stepan