autoconf and cross tools

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: autoconf and cross tools
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 08:31:27 +0100 (CET)

Hey,

I'm porting some libraries to Windows CE using the cegcc cross compiling chain (using cegcc or mingw32ce compilers).

When I use pkgconfig, the configure script displays the following warning:

checking for arm-wince-cegcc-pkg-config... no
configure: WARNING: In the future, Autoconf will not detect cross-tools
whose name does not start with the host triplet.  If you think this
configuration is useful to you, please write to address@hidden

I run configure with --host=arm-wince-cegcc after having modified config.sub so that this host is detected correctly

So, I think that this configuration is useful for me :) Hence i write to autoconf ML. Though I don't understand why :)

So can someone explain me a bit what is that message for, and tell me what to do to set correctly configure (or something else) for that platform (if there is something to do)

thank you

Vincent Torri