AC_CHECK_LIB fails

From: aaragon
Subject: AC_CHECK_LIB fails
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:22:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a test for a library that I use in my code but the
AC_CHECK_LIB failed in all my attempts. The library is not installed in the
standard path so I give the configure command the necessary parameters:

./configure CXX=g++-mp-4.3 CXXFLAGS="-I$HOME/Lib/SuperLU"
LDFLAGS="-L$HOME/Lib/SuperLU" LIBS="$HOME/Lib/SuperLU/libblas.a
-lsuperlu_3.0"

In the configure.ac file, I have:

AC_CHECK_LIB([superlu],[_dCreate_CompCol_Matrix],,[echo "ERROR: SuperLU
library not found." && exit 1])

I know that the symbol is correct, since in the directory where the library
is located (-I$HOME/Lib/SuperLU), I checked:

address@hidden/Lib/SuperLU$strings libsuperlu_3.0.a | grep -i dcreate
_dCreate_CompCol_Matrix
_dCreate_CompRow_Matrix
_dCreate_Dense_Matrix
_dCreate_SuperNode_Matrix

Now, the name of the library in that directory is libsuperlu_3.0. So instead
of superlu (as it is supposed to be from the Autoconf manual), I have tried
superlu_3, superlu_3.0, libsuperlu, libsuperlu_3 and libsuperlu_3.0.

All the tests have failed. Can someone point out what am I doing wrong?
Thank you all,

aa