Re: AC_C_LONG_DOUBLE is obsolescent.

From: Benjamin Reed
Subject: Re: AC_C_LONG_DOUBLE is obsolescent.
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 16:00:54 -0400

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Bob Friesenhahn
<address@hidden> wrote:

>  Many projects using autoconf are not distributed according to GPL and have
> no interest in becoming so.  For example, if xntp required a proprietary
> clock driver and used gnulib modules, then the binary could not be
> distributed unless that proprietary clock driver is also distributed in
> relinkable form so an arbitrary user could re-link xntp.

Sure, but in this case the suggestion was to use their m4 macros for
the extended long long tests, which I would assume means only your
autoconf bits are "infected".

In fact, looking at that particular test, it looks like
BSD-with-advertise:
http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=m4/longlong.m4;h=15bf9dacadb85b8802381eafddeb9fc6556c067d;hb=90ed634eb36631a208dc13277e97fbaeba20eac3

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick