Re: #define warnings when using various autotools projects

From: aaragon
Subject: Re: #define warnings when using various autotools projects
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 12:25:36 -0700 (PDT)

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> Hello,
>
> * Bruce Korb wrote on Tue, May 13, 2008 at 10:21:20PM CEST:
>> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Bob Friesenhahn
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >  Quite simple.  I use a namespace-scoped name for the publically
>> installed
>> > "config.h".  I also use namespace-scoped defines in the publically
>> installed
>> > "config.h".  This is much simpler than the various complex substitution
>> > schemes I have seen described on this list and elsewhere.
>>
>> Ultimately, I settled on "sed(1)" in an "install-data-hook" rule to
>> patch up the header.  I don't want to install my "config.h", scoped
>> names or not, and yet I need to know some of the config stuff.  There
>> is a need for a "preferred method" for doing this and
>> documenting how you do it.
>
> You can use the AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H macro from the Autoconf Macro
> Archive, <http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/ax_prefix_config_h.html>.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

I decided to go ahead and try your suggestion, so I copied the macro into
acinclude.m4 file. Then when I try to run aclocal I have this error:

:0: error: m4_init: unbalanced m4_divert_push:
configure.ac:3: m4_divert_push: BODY
acinclude.m4:1: AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H is expanded from...
:0: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1

and I have no clue of what's going on. The few first lines of the
configure.ac file are:

dnl Initialization macros

AC_INIT(config.h.in)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(xGA,0.1)
AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)
AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H(src/_config.h)

Is there something wrong with the macro? I don't think I'm doing something
wrong here.

aa