Re: Specifying build directory in AT_CHECK

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Specifying build directory in AT_CHECK
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 07:21:35 +0200

Hello Denver,

* Denver Gingerich wrote on Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 06:33:50PM CEST:
> When I run "make check" on GNU wdiff, I would like Autotest to use the
> wdiff binary compiled with "make" to run the tests rather than the
> wdiff binary in $PATH.  Currently, my AT_CHECK lines look like this:
>
> AT_CHECK([wdiff wdiff-a.txt wdiff-b.txt], ...

Use that, and either pass AUTOTEST_PATH=... to the testsuite invocation
as documented, and/or use AC_CONFIG_TESTDIR which causes a small script
atconfig to be generated, which the testsuite will source and contains
a few helpful variables as well as defaulting AUTOTEST_PATH to your
liking.  You can take a look at how the Autoconf package itself does it.

If you use $builddir/wdiff, then your testsuite cannot be used for
installcheck.

Hope that helps.