Re: Issues w/ cross-compiling

From: Bernd Jendrissek
Subject: Re: Issues w/ cross-compiling
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 15:05:05 +0200

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:43 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Fully I agree. After the successful execution of configure script,
> I found many cpp techniques in FreeType2 didn't work correctly in
> bcc's cpp. Oops. Although my interest was not ELKS + bcc itself,
> I will have to search the current maintainer of bcc.

IMHO it's FreeType2 that needs to be fixed.  Of all the packages I've
built from source over the years, this one has the most painful
emotional memory.  It just doesn't believe in playing nice like almost
any other autoconfiscated does.  You can't run autoheader on it,
because it has a hand-crafted config.h.in, which is however named in
AC_CONFIG_HEADERS.  I think it also installs config.h - another big
no-no.