Re: Autoconf and apt

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Autoconf and apt
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:57:24 +0200

Hello Robert,

* Robert Rehammar wrote on Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 09:26:35PM CEST:

> I am wondering if there is any "module" to hook up autotools with the
> apt package system of e.g. Debian and Ubuntu? Wouldn't this be pretty
> cool thing. It would even be possible for such a module to call aptitude
> search and download the available packages if they exists. Probably
> something similar would be possible for e.g rpm and other package
> managers as well.

Do you mean something like dependency information for aclocal/*.m4 third
party macro files?  If not, then I fail to understand your question,
please explain in more detail what you're thinking of.
Certainly autotools packages are packaged along with other Debian/Ubuntu
packages, and are likewise searchable and installable.