Re: autoconf and gtkmm

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: autoconf and gtkmm
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 14:21:39 +0200

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 10:28:18AM -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
> > > You guys have confused me.  I changed MYAPP to onewindow.  Does the
> > > substring MYAPP have some meaning meaning that I'm missing?
> >
> > Undo these changes and add the following line to src/Makefile.am:
> >
> > AM_CFLAGS = $(MYAPP_CFLAGS)
>
> Thanks, but I'm still confused.  does MYAPP mean something?

I'm not aware of any predefined meaning of MYAPP in autotools.

PKG_CHECK_MODULES([MYAPP], [gtkmm-2.4 >= 2.4.0]) checks which flags are
needed by gtkmm-2.4 and makes the MYAPP_CFLAGS and MYAPP_LIBS available
in your Makefile.

onewindow_CFLAGS contains CFLAGS for compiling onewindow.

What you did is to provide CFLAGS required for gtkmm-2.4 at the
configuration time. This works as long as you don't want to have any
other compiler flags for onewindow.

What I've suggested is to get the gtkmm-2.4 flags into MYAPP_CFLAGS and
reference it in either AM_CFLAGS or onewindow_CFLAGS. Reading your last
posting, I didn't realize your workaround worked for you.

With kind regards,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov
http://www.kz-easy.com/