AC_CHECK_LIBS (or AC_DEFINE) : possibly undefined macro

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: AC_CHECK_LIBS (or AC_DEFINE) : possibly undefined macro
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:53:12 +0200 (CEST)

Hey,

sometimes, when I run a script that executes the usual commands to configure the autotools (aclocal, autoconf, etc...), or when I run autoreconf -f -i, I get the error "possibly undefined macro" for AC_DEFINE. Today, it with AC_CHECK_LIBS

The code that is related to that amcro is:

AC_CHECK_FUNCS([fnmatch],
   [res="yes"],
   [res="no"]
)

if test "x$res" = "xno" ; then
   AC_CHECK_LIBS([fnmatch],
      [fnmatch iberty],
      [res="yes"],
      [res="no"]
   )
   if test "x${}" = "xno" ; then
AC_MSG_ERROR([Cannot find fnmatch() in neither libc nor libfnmatch, nor libiberty])
   fi
fi

(note: iberty is for mingw)

But, when I run myself all the commands of my script, in the same order, in the terminal, that is:

aclocal  -I m4
autoheader
autoconf
libtoolize --copy --automake