RE: autconf, configure & purify...

From: Boggis, Antony
Subject: RE: autconf, configure & purify...
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:28:28 -0700

>Most syntax issues of your code have already been addressed.  Remains
>the semantics: it substitutes PURIFY and USE_PURIFY (why this one BTW?),
>adds to CPPFLAGS, and defines USE_PURIFY.

Really, I only need the one. In trying to get this working I have been playing
around with alternatives.

>Remains the question: does anything in your Makefile.am files use
>$(PURIFY)?

No.

There is a "if PURIFY" though...

>One hack I'd try would be to, after your snippet, and after AC_PROG_CC,
>but before AC_PROG_LIBTOOL, set
>  CC="$PURIFY $CC"

Only trouble with that is that it ends up causing all the configure tests to
use a purify'd binary... not really desired.

>Hope that helps.

A little. Thanks. Unfortunately vanguard is not an option for us (SPARC,
Solaris 10, Sun Studio 12).

tonyB.