Testing for OpenMP?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Testing for OpenMP?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:11:15 -0500 (CDT)

What is the recommended way to check to see if OpenMP is supported from within a configure script? I am already using AC_OPENMP([C]) but it does not actually check for OpenMP. All it verifies is that a compiler option is selected which does not result in an error, or create an output file. This makes AC_OPENMP not terribly useful other than possibly enabling the functionality.

If there is a way to check to see that _OPENMP is defined after CFLAGS has been updated, then that would be a positive check. How can I easily do that?

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn