Problems with ./configure

From: debutant
Subject: Problems with ./configure
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 03:38:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have to admit that I don't know anything about how it works. I can only
use it
as the first step in the process of installing a software.

I just moved from mandriva 2006 to mandriva 2009-1 and I try to installed
on the last distribution programs that I installed without problems on the
former
one.

Now when I use ./configure I have the following message:

"""
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
checking build system type... Invalid configuration `CPU': machine `CPU' not
recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ../gmp-4.2.2/config.sub CPU failed
"""

I don't really know what to do here.
Somebody could maybe help me ?
Thanks a lot.