Re: Disable the present-but-cannot-be-compiled header warning?

From: Jeff Squyres
Subject: Re: Disable the present-but-cannot-be-compiled header warning?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:33:55 -0400

On Oct 31, 2008, at 10:14 AM, Eric Blake wrote:

No warning that, since the aim was to move away from the old semantics
to the new semantics, using `-' gets the user stuck with the old
semantics which means he will put stones in the way of the intended
move?

Jeff, which solution did you use for your particular problem? I'm reading between the lines and assuming that you ended up passing something besides [] or [-], because you wanted a compiler check (which rejects the header
as incompatible with your usage patterns) and not a preprocessor check
(which accepts the header as present).

I used [AC_INCLUDES_DEFAULT].  This gave me:

- no warning
- use the compiler check
- test came back "no"
- hence HAVE_<foo>_H was not set