Check directory arguments for consistency

From: Christian Rössel
Subject: Check directory arguments for consistency
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 17:50:43 +0200

configure checks it's standard directory arguments for consistency, e.g.
exec_prefix prefix bindir sbindir libexecdir etc.

Is there a way to check my own directory argument in the same way, e.g.
by adding my directory variable to the list of standard directory
variables. Or is there a ready to use macro?

Thanks,
Christian