Re: Configure genned with 2.63 (and 2.63b) on Cygwin

From: Roger While
Subject: Re: Configure genned with 2.63 (and 2.63b) on Cygwin
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 10:07:54 +0200

Eric scribeth :

According to Roger While on 5/20/2009 8:38 AM:
> A configure genned with 2.63 (on a Linux system) always
> terminates with "Could not make config.status" under Cygwin.
> Also happens with 2.63b.

It works just fine for me on cygwin (in fact, I prepared the autoconf 2.63
release, which includes a self-generated configure file, on a cygwin
system).  So I wonder if your problem stems from using text mounts instead
of binary mounts, where the changed handling of extra ^M by some, but not
all, of the tools involved during the configure run is at fault.

- --

Eric Blake             address@hidden

I have since nailed this down.
No it was not due to text mounts. Am using binary mounts.

Problem was actually due to an older (not actual)
version of Cygwin.

Does not occur on current 1.5.25-15 Cygwin.

It does occur on at least 1.5.19 and 1.5.22 Cygwin releases
(and hence probably others as well).

Thanks.

Roger