Re: AC_DEFUN Syntax

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: AC_DEFUN Syntax
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 21:40:57 +0200

Hello Husam,

* Husam Senussi wrote on Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 07:57:17PM CEST:
> >Yes.  The latter is the public API.  The third argument is currently
> >used by some code, but is not part of the public API, so you should
> >not use it.
>
> OK will change them because with third argument  result on having
> autconf inserting the macro as is instead of executing the macro.
>
> Do you know what the extra argument used, just  so I can understand
> the logic behind the custom macro and replace it.

Currently, the internal semantics of AC_DEFUN are that way, that it
does not make sense if the third argument is either empty, or either
'm4_define', or 'm4_pushdef'.

That probably doesn't help you much, but I don't know what better help
to give you, given this information.  Maybe if you have problems, you
could post some code.