Re: Optional GTK?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Optional GTK?
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:13:38 +0200

* Patrick M. Rutkowski wrote on Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 03:21:06AM CEST:
> If I were to run something like AM_PATH_GTK_2_0 in my configure.ac,
> which checks for the presence of GTK, what would I do if GTK wasn't
> found?

You'd use the ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND argument of the AM_PATH_GTK_2_0 macro
to set a few things.

> A) Is it possible to get automake to just NOT COMPILE the gtk related
> *.c files based on the autoconf results?

Yes, for example, you'd use an Automake conditional (AM_CONDITIONAL),
say, WANT_GTK, and then in Makefile.am you write

foo_SOURCES = ...

if WANT_GTK
foo_SOURCES += gtk_source1.c ...
bin_PROGRAMS += bar
bar_SOURCES = ...
endif

> B) Do I take the gtk related *.c files and wrap them in big "#ifdef
> USE_GTK / #endif" wrappers?

That can be a choice too.

Hope that helps.