regenerating a script specified in AC_CONFIG_FILES

From: Adam Mercer
Subject: regenerating a script specified in AC_CONFIG_FILES
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 13:12:49 -0500

Hi

As part of the configure process I generate a script, git_version,
from a file git_version.in specified in AC_CONFIG_FILES() so that an
appropriate python interpreter is used. However if I modify the
git_version.in file the git_version script is not regenerated when
running make. Is there anyway to ensure that this is regenerated ,if
appropriate, automatically?

Cheers

Adam