Re: Caching pkgdatadir in configure

From: Alberto Luaces
Subject: Re: Caching pkgdatadir in configure
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:34:27 +0200

Mike Frysinger writes:

[...]

> if you use the line i mentioned in the configure.ac, then you can change the
> default path via the normal --foodir= configure options, or doing:
> make clean
> make pkgdatadir=/foo
>
> since the pkgdatadir is expanded at the make level, you dont need to re-run
> configure.
>
> i'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do, but i guess as long as you
> found something that makes you happy it doesnt matter too much
> -mike

Hello Mike,

I was trying to avoid having to type the value of pkgdatadir when
calling make, because in a rebuild some object files could have been
compiled with different value if I mistakenly forget to set it
correctly.

I like Ralf's idea about the enviroment variable. It stops me from
messing with the build system and makes possible to do a final `make
install' without having to rebuild.

Regards,

Alberto