autoconf vs <cstdint>

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: autoconf vs <cstdint>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:12:13 +1100

Hi all,

I'm using autoconf version 2.64 (Ubuntu 9.10) and in my configure script,
I've got:

    AC_LANG([C++])
    AC_ADD_CXXFLAGS([-std=gnu++0x])
    AC_CHECK_HEADER(cstdint)

where AC_ADD_CXXFLAGS checks to see if the compiler accepts the given
CXXFLAGS and adds it to CXXFLAGS if is acceptable.

However, with the above, I'm getting:

    checking if g++ accepts -std=gnu++0x... yes
    checking cstdint usability... yes
    checking cstdint presence... no
    configure: WARNING: cstdint: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!
    configure: WARNING: cstdint: proceeding with the compiler's result
    checking for cstdint... yes

and I don't get a HAVE_CSTDINT in the config.h file.

Any clues on whats going on here?

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo