Re: AC_CHECK_LIB not finding my library

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: AC_CHECK_LIB not finding my library
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:41:42 -0600

On 04/19/2010 10:00 AM, Joel J. Adamson wrote:
>     > Does this portion of the manual already contain enough hints in
>     > that direction?  If not, are you willing to help provide some
>     > wording to add to the manual?
>     > http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf.html#Debugging
>
> Hi, I downloaded the manual from CVS to make a patch with my wording of
> the solution to my problem, but can't find the "Debugging configure
> scripts" subsection of the FAQ in autoconf.texi[1], even after updating
> all the menus.  Is this section gone in CVS?

Rather, CVS is waaay outdated, and is no longer the canonical
repository.  We use git now:

https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=autoconf

>  Should I submit a patch
> for my installed version[2]?

Better would be to rebase your patch against git.

Meanwhile, Jim might be able to help us further clamp down the old CVS
repository so that others are less likely to make that mistake in the
future.

--
Eric Blake   address@hidden    +1-801-349-2682