Re: Best practices for autotools

From: Warren Young
Subject: Re: Best practices for autotools
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 11:15:11 -0600

On 5/3/2010 10:11 PM, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

CAVEAT EMPTOR: While it is certainly worth skimming through the
autobook to get a feel for how the various programs interact and can
be used together, the book will be 10 years old this year, and much
has changed in that time that makes plenty of the details described
in the book inaccurate, obsolete or just plain wrong.

I don't know that I ever would have started using autotools without the autobook. Coming to it for the first time can be hugely confusing, and it smoothed out a lot of bumps for me. Any chance of a new version of the book for the next generation of newbies?