Re: Printing configure arguments

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Printing configure arguments
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 07:34:10 +0200

Hello Sam,

* Sam Shin wrote on Tue, May 25, 2010 at 01:41:45AM CEST:
> I am trying to print what a user would pass to a configure script. For
> example:
>
> ./configure --enable-foo --enable-bar
>
> I noticed that in config.log, the configure script will save a copy of how
> it was called by the user. Is there a variable that stores this information?

With new Autoconf, you can use
  ./config.status --config

to get at the arguments in a reusable way; see `info Autoconf
"config.status Invocation"' for how to use this.  Older releases provide
only
  ./config.status --version

but it needs some work to reuse.  Within configure, $ac_configure_args
serves the same purpose (and needs an 'eval' too) but is not defined.