Re: autotest and make distcheck

From: Andrew W. Nosenko
Subject: Re: autotest and make distcheck
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:09:27 +0300

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 01:22, Andrei Kholodnyi
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I have integrated autotest in my project as described here:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf.html#Using-Autotest.
>
> However I have following problem now. If I do "make distcheck" it
> starts executing all my tests as well,
> since there is a
>
> installcheck-local: atconfig $(TESTSUITE)
>        $(SHELL) $(TESTSUITE) AUTOTEST_PATH="$(bindir)" $(TESTSUITEFLAGS)
>
> and it fails if tests are not passed.
>
> What would be a proper solution for that?

Running testsuite at the "make distcheck" is not a problem but
intended goal.  If you want just build tarball but don't want to run a
tests for some reason, then use "make dist" instead (pay attention on
"dist" instead of "distcheck").

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <address@hidden>