Re: Override default CXXFLAGS

From: Sergio Belkin
Subject: Re: Override default CXXFLAGS
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:50:30 -0300

I answer myself: RTMF :)

"If using the GNU C compiler, set shell variable GCC to ‘yes’. If
output variable CFLAGS was not already set, set it to -g -O2 for the
GNU C compiler (-O2 on systems where GCC does not accept -g), or -g
for other compilers. If your package does not like this default, then
it is acceptable to insert the line ‘: ${CFLAGS=""}’ after AC_INIT and
before AC_PROG_CC to select an empty default instead. "

http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/manual/autoconf/C-Compiler.html

HTH