flags for different fortran compilers

From: Eve-Marie Devaliere
Subject: flags for different fortran compilers
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:34:47 -0500

Dear autoconf community,

I am trying to replicate the install of an existing package using autoconf.
We need the package to be able to compile with a wide variety of
compilers. In the original setup this was done by the make.macros file
that would give a list of flags for each compiler.
>From what I understand autoconf has a few built in macros that help with
the choice of flags such as AC_FC_FREEFORM, but unless I am missing
something that won't cover all the flags. What is then the recommended
way to handle this? I could have a bunch of 'case' in my configure.ac
file but I wanted to see if there wouldn't be a more elegant way... I am
new to fortran too so that may sound crazy but couldn't there be a
library of flag for known fortran compiler that autoconf could select on
the fly like for the free form one?

Thanks,
Cheers,
Eve-Marie

--
Eve-Marie Devaliere, MS
Senior Science System/Software Engineer

The contents of this message are mine personally and do not necessarily reflect
any position of NOAA