Re: auto* tools to package for shared library?

From: John Calcote
Subject: Re: auto* tools to package for shared library?
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 22:07:32 -0600

On 03/20/2011 12:43 PM, Paul Elliott wrote:
> I have the auto* tools setup to build a library. What I want is an rpm source
> package and a debian source package. autoconfig.ac has the dependancy
> information. Are there any automated tools to go from the autotools setup to
> the source package?

Hi Paul,

I have worked on an open source project wherein I've created a target
for binary and source RPMs. You can study my top-level Makefile.am if
you want. The projects is at sourceforge.net:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/dnx/

The top-level Makefile.am file can be browsed in the SVN repository at:

http://dnx.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dnx/trunk/dnx/Makefile.am?revision=356&view=markup

You'll also want to look at my spec file in the top-level 'obs'
directory (obs stands for opensuse build service - which this method
does not in any way rely on). The spec file is processed by autoconf, to
replace variables such as project version, email address, website, etc.
Simple stuff. The real meat is in the top-level Makefile.am file however
where the additional top-level make targets, rpms, srpm, etc are defined.

This may not be the best way to do this, but it's one way that I've
cobbled together based on our needs in the project.

Good luck,
John