Re: uint64_t fails with C++

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: uint64_t fails with C++
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 19:08:18 +0100 (CET)

>>    #if defined UINT64_MAX || defined uint64_t
>>    typedef uint64_t TA_ULongLong;
>>    #else
>>    #  error "No unsigned 64bit wide data type found."
>>    #endif
>
> stdint.h will not define UINT64_MAX if __cplusplus is defined unless
> __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS is defined before you include it.

Thanks.  However, this still doesn't explain why autoconf (using g++!)
says that uint64_t exists: __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS is not used in any part
of autoconf.

Am I missing something?

    Werner

PS: If using __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS is the `official' way to handle
    uint64 I suggest to update the autoconf documentation accordingly.