Re: How to exclude a directory from PATH when searching an executable ?

From: Timothy Madden
Subject: Re: How to exclude a directory from PATH when searching an executable ?
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 19:06:55 +0300

On 06/14/2012 05:29 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 06/14/2012 08:18 AM, Timothy Madden wrote:

If the "CUBRID Bison" version has some fatal flaw such that it cannot
be used with your package, then you should test for *that* (e.g., by
trying to run the detected bison on a test case) and fail the configure
if the test fails.

Oh, I thought there might be something like that.

I get no fatal errors from CUBRID bison, it works fine, I just do not
trust CUBRID packagers, since they did such a thing as putting their own
bison on my PATH, which is not even needed by CUBRID.

Why not change your PATH to put CUBRID after your desired bison, then?
There's no rule that says you have to live with CUBRID's attempt to
inject themselves first in your PATH.

Well, yes, I could change my path, but autoconf is all about my users, not about me...

And they will have the same problem as I have with CUBRID, than

Anyway, I found the REJECT argument to AC_CHECK_PROG in the documentation, too bad it is not present for AC_CHECK_TOOL, also..

But as others have said, I am not sure rejecting the tool found on the system is the right thing to do after all.

Thank you,
Timothy MaddeN