Re: [Autoconf] Including and extracting jar files in Makefile.am

From: Sujit Devkar
Subject: Re: [Autoconf] Including and extracting jar files in Makefile.am
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 09:28:53 +0530

On 10/10/2012 10:21 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 10/09/2012 11:53 PM, Sujit Devkar wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to install jar files in Makefile.am.
Then perhaps this is a question better asked on the automake lists.

My project needs to be extracted before make.
Why?  Can't you write make rules to do the extraction, or are you trying
to extract makefiles?

How can I include jar files and extract them before running make
in my project?
Are you trying to extract files at the same point where Makefile is
created from Makefile.in during the run of 'config.status'?  If so, then
it sounds like you are talking about functionality given by
AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS in your configure.ac.

I mean to say, I use joda-time-1.4.jar file in my project. I want to include this file when I create tar.gz. Also It should get extracted when I run ./configure. If .jar is not extracted I run make, I get errors as
included path in java class not found. So, my requirement is
I need to extract this file while configuring. How can I do this?
My project is in c++, but I use some java classes to get data from db.
I need their executable, how can I include them in my project if I want their executable?
Thanks

--
Regards
Sujit Kisan Devkar

message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you