Re: Selecting a C++ standard

From: Florian Weimer
Subject: Re: Selecting a C++ standard
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 18:48:59 +0100

* Andrew W. Nosenko:

> ABI break by gcc-4.7.0 and 4.7.1 in c++11 mode was a bug (or
> misfeature, call it as you want).  Fixed in gcc-4.7.2.
> From http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.7/changes.html :

I've seen similar issues with GCC 4.7.2.  I thought that this was
expected, so I didn't report it as a bug.

It might be a third-party library which changes ABI when compiled as
C++11 instead of C++98, though.  But that would be an argument against
automatically defaulting to the latest supported C++ standard as well,
wouldn't it?