Re: distcheck missing files

From: Kip Warner
Subject: Re: distcheck missing files
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 12:05:27 -0700

On Mon, 2013-05-20 at 08:44 -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> distcheck is provided by automake, not autoconf; perhaps you'll get
> better answers from the automake list or from reading the automake manual.

Hey Eric. You're right, perhaps the automake mailing list would have
been better. I should also have clarified that I was referring to the
automake manual and not autoconf.

> Without seeing your actual Makefile.am, I can only guess that perhaps
> you made your EXTRA_DIST conditional?  I've been bitten by that in some
> of my own projects, where a conditional EXTRA_DIST impacts what goes
> into the tarball according to the configure options used, even though
> that is generally a bad idea (you want the tarball to be independent of
> configure options).

As far as I know, it isn't being conditionally modified. Here's the
Makefile.am:

  <http://pastebin.com/Ck57h01T>

Thanks Eric,

--