Re: process result code in if

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: process result code in if
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 12:54:18 +0100

On 6 June 2013 12:12, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:00 AM, A.P. Horst wrote:
> > Also when I just have:
> > echo "$var" | grep -Eq '^[0-9]+$'
> > echo "$?"
> -->8--
> > I am on a win7 x64 machine with MinGW 3.20 and W32API 3.17
> > sh --version
> > GNU bash, version 3.1.17(1)-release (i686-pc-msys)
>
> How is the var variable set?  If you're using the output of a compiled
> program, I'm guessing the issue is CRLF versus just LF.  MSYS will not
> remove the CR from the variable.  Add the /mingw/lib/binmode.o to the
> compiled program or use _setmode on stdout to make it _O_BINARY.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tw4k6df8(v=vs.110).aspx

Another (more likely) possibility is that the shell fragment is under
quoted, where it appears in configure.ac.  Look for that fragment in
the generated configure script: I suspect you may find that the []
surrounding the [0-9] expression have been swallowed by autoconf; (they
are the autoconf quoting characters.

--
Regards,
Keith.