Re: Using AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS with non standard named libraries genera

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Using AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS with non standard named libraries generates "non-POSIX" automake error?
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:55:27 -0700

On 11/22/2013 03:40 PM, Johan Persson wrote:

> However one of the libraries I need to configure is named
> "libusb-1.0.so" but if I use "usb-1.0" as the library name in the call
> to the macro this will the generate an illegal variable name that
> automake chokes on.
>
> SRC/MAKEFILE.AM:19: WARNING: LIBUSB-1.0: NON-POSIX VARIABLE NAME

Needs more context.  Can you boil it down to a minimal configure.ac and
Makefile.am that reproduce the problem of using just that library, so
that we can see what you have attempted and offer suggestions how to fix
it?  It sounds like it is just a matter of requesting a transliteration
of - to _ in the variable name used to track whether the library is
present, but without seeing your actual code, I can't suggest where to
add the m4_translit.